Wednesday, July 10, 2013

54/71, with some Morning Fog.

This will likely be my last post for the month.  Sure, things will likely change, but with the coming travel and distance from home I doubt I will have much of a handle on the day to day.  Still, if I see something interesting, like, say, a snow storm, I will do my best to find the internet and get up a post.  Until then, I hope you enjoy your July.  Here is what it looks like for at least the next few days.


South swell hitting a certain reef in Big Sur.  Can you spot the surfers way down below?

Overnight  fog moves into coastal locations, with some upper level clouds pushing inland a touch, helping keep the folks on the inside from baking too much.  Don't get me wrong.  Upper 80s expected in Los Gatos and low 90s in Tracy are not exactly cold days, but they are not too horrible.  Here in Santa Cruz it will cool off at night with an early morning low of about 54F.  Fog pulls out mid morning.  About 10AM on the upper West Side and 1 PM out by Pleasure Point.  Warming up to about 71F in the afternoon.  Light north west breezes.  Friday may have difficulty with pulling the fog out.  Hell, most days look a bit grey at the water's edge.  It is summer after all, and part of the reason I plan for a big New England tour this time of year.

Long term I don't see much in the sense of change.  Maybe a warmer, and clearer period mid month, with some stronger breezes.  But that is just all play in the models.  High pressure looks to stay put in the eastern Pacific, with a thermal trough over the South West.  Summer.  Best bet for great weather right now will be up in the Sierra and in Tahoe.  Or Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment