Sunday, August 11, 2013

To Be Continued: Fog.

I guess three weeks in the east was not enough to avoid summer all together.  This morning feels particularly glum as I pack my wife and son into the car to head to a pool party in Concord.  Where is actually feels like a real summer.  And depending on your outlook, it sure feels like a Santa Cruz summer down here in Santa Cruz.  So, not much to report today.  Morning fog brings damp, cool, grey weather.  Clearing around noon time, as the north west breeze picks up.  Afternoon high of about 70F.  Warmer in the Banana Belt and inland zones, cooler at the water's edge.  Fog fills in just after sunset.  Overnight lows dropping to about 53F.  Typical summer.

No matter what the weather, tide pools are always fun.  The Hook, Santa Cruz.


If I see much of interest, I'll post up here.  In the meantime, the surf is going flat and no swell is on the way.  The north pacific does show some signs of waking up, so I will continue to monitor.  In the meantime, I'm oiling my bike chain and getting ready to hit the trails for a few weeks.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment