Friday, February 26, 2016

Prepare For Rain.

If you are one of the smart ones, you have already begun to consider your plans for when another wet period sets in.  You may have even created an El Nino Kit back in October for the winter.  Might be a good time to make sure you still have it.  While we are still a ways out, my left pinky toes has got that feeling that something big is about to happen. In the mean time, more fair weather.  A little cooler today, with more clouds, than it has been, but still a fine winter's day.  Swell is still nice from that big WSW we saw arrive on Wednesday.  A new sizable WNW if filling in this evening.  So, that is nice.  Snow in the Sierra might be on the firmer side this weekend, with the cooler daytime highs, but the surf will be effected by a northwest wind swell, so it is a toss up on where to go.  Probably can;t go wrong either way.  Or it might be wise to take the weekend and prepare for more rain.



I'm curious how that point in the distance faired on this last swell.  Monterey.



I'm not talking about a one in done scenario.  I'm talking undercutting open door storm train.  I'm talking the real deal.  GFS is on board with me in the fantasy charts, although the storm for next Thursday looks a bit weaker than earlier model runs suggested.  So, there is that.  Before the storm, we see a warm up back into the 70s for maybe Monday, and likely for Tuesday.  More on that storm in a later post.  For now, I'm seeing a break after Thursday for the first weekend in March.  Then, it looks game on.  I'll follow up on this later, but use your time over the next week to do anything that needs to be taken care of before we see lots of precipitation.  I know it is my toe talking, but think in the range of about ten inches of rain in a week.  Maybe for a few weeks.  Yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment