Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lucy

I probably should have mentioned it before, but I don't have any, so I didn't.  If you do have young tomato starts out in the yard exposed to the weather, you may want to protect them form the wind, or eve better, with some floating row covers.  While the day time highs are a touch cooler, the over night lows are really dipping.  Low 40s in Santa Cruz.  Combined with an active wind pattern, it is quite cool out just before sunrise.  Not the best of weeks for those young tender semi tropical night shades.  Anyway, next few days are breezy and cool, topping out in the mid to upper 60s.  Slight warming through Friday, which could get up into the low 70s.  Then another system to brush by to our north.



Cool greyness.




I really don't know how long it has been going on, but I do think it has pretty much been the entirety of the last four year.  Or winters.  I look at the various forecast models and tools as occasionally se the mirage of a storm about ten days out, and I grow excited.  And expectant.  Only to see as we get within seven days, the storm to fall apart, and reappear just a few days later.  Sometimes looking fuller, and stronger.  Again, I get hopeful.  Just to have it all happen again, and again.  And again.  It is my football, and those models my Lucy.  Will I ever learn?  Or, will I ever get my rain.

Hey, there are still chances out there.  There is still activity.  We could see some come our way, but the model runs today have backed off a bit.  No flurries for the Sierra tomorrow night.  Maybe rain for the north late over the weekend.  Another Maybe on Wednesday.  Model to hit next Saturday.  Ya, know, in ten days.  Anyhoo, likely cooler this coming weekend, with sun and wind.  But I'm still trying to kick that ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment